Wednesday 25 January 2012

Getting to Know ... Claire Ogden Designs

I have my very own Claire Ogden Design ... two, in fact! Claire's clear perception and creativity shine through and you can so tell when you receive your little gems! Definitely Once Seen Never Forgotten ...



Business Name: Claire Ogden Designs 
Your Name: Claire Ogden 
Where are you based? Based in Saddleworth but Online 24/7
What areas do you cover? Worldwide 
Contact number: 0843 289 9379 




Tell us a bit about you … 
I am a very determined passionate individual with the drive and determination to push myself into the demanding industry populating it with beautiful, handmade and very individual bridal headwear. I pride myself on making stunning pieces that stand the test of time and make that everlasting impression, Once Seen, NEVER Forgotten. 


Tell us a bit about your business and what you offer … I have been established for two years. I design and create handmade jewellery and more so bridal pieces on a ‘off the peg’ and ‘bespoke’ option and offer an excellent customer service. I listen to what you want and create the perfect pieces for your dream day.


Why are you different?  
I create one of a kind designs, unique to each bride. I love working closely with the bridal party and I love watching the design unfold before my eyes. I am different because I create unusual designs at affordable prices that create such an impression and adore every minute of it. 


What inspires you and where do you find your inspiration? 
When I am resourcing new materials or pieces for a bespoke design I tend to pick pieces that I connect with from this the idea for the design develops simply from me choosing that particular piece, I often ‘see’ the finished product as a photograph in my mind and then produce a quick sketch, when I have finished the design and go back to my sketch it is quite scary how alike the two are! I also adore the whimsical fairy tale theme, I love magic and enchantment and delicate florals, I have a couple of new ranges yet to launch but until I find all the materials I want to use, you will simply have to wait.....watch this space! I wanted to create themes that would be classics and never date, I have recently launched LOVE Wonderland (which is Alice and her Wonderland inspired) and Charming Fairytales (which are all things fairytale in charm bracelets) both these ranges are fast sellers and very sought after (I seriously need to create lots more for my store!) I find I create what I like rather than follow fashion and trends, I am not sure if this is the correct way to do things but it makes my jewellery a lot more unique and individual and I do get a lot of repeat business so I guess I must be doing something right. I want to create a very bold gothic style range that is completely unique to me and very rich and lavish but again at affordable prices. Watch this space for 2012. 


What top tip, relevant to your service area, do you have for couples tying the knot? 
Always believe in your dreams, use accessories to re-create or combine the whole wedding look. Accessories are the icing on the cake and are very important and you do not need to spend a fortune, remember you're not a jewellery bride to be! 
Try as an alternative a crystal bouquet!


What one supplier would you recommend and where can we find them?
Without a doubt, Lesa Simmons of I HEART Buttons www.iheartbuttons.co.uk


Until next time ...





No comments:

Post a Comment