Monday 31 October 2011

Getting to Know ... Frank Millar

Today I have the pleasure of introducing you to another fab photographer (and videographer) ... truly the funniest man alive! I love Frank's style and his easy-going nature. I have had some really good laughs with Frank since meeting him back in June ... but that's our little secret ... 




Business Name: Frank Millar Photography & Videography

Your Name: Frank 

Where are you based? Thame Oxfordshire 

What areas do you cover? Nationwide 

Contact number: 07891 386276 



Tell us a bit about you … 

Married with three children, well 21, 19 & 17 so technically not children! living in the great market town of Thame in Oxfordshire. Born and bread in Swindon and had the opportunity to move to Thame 20 something years ago, so jumped at the chance. I love the country and equally love London, so could not be better positioned to enjoy both aspects of life, laid back and running at 100 miles an hour. I have always been in to photography and videographer from a very early stage, taking after my Dad, who always had a good camera in his hand. All he took pictures of was his wonderful sons!, but I took it a stage on from that and took pictures of anything and everything….. and still do, but my passion is weddings. 


Tell us a bit about your business and what you offer … 
Capturing that moment in time whether it be still or moving, is what I love to do. Being able to look back and relive the moment is great. Can you imagine if no picture or video was ever taken … all that we would have missed out on? I am lucky that I can photograph or video a wedding day and enjoy each equally, although sometimes when I am videoing I wish I was photographing and visa-versa! I have some examples of what I offer on the website, but really it’s a case of what do you want regarding photography or videography ... and we can start from there. 

Why are you different? 
I guess I am not that different from many other photographers / videographers in the way that I am very passionate about my work and do genuinely love what I do for a living. I am also a people person, which does help. 

What inspires you and where do you find your inspiration? 
I am very self motivated and always want to do better, that’s just in my nature, but my main inspiration comes from the Internet. Joining other social groups online with the same interest, there is always someone to aspire to, so many very talented people out there who post their images and video for all to see ... and that always gives me a kick to try and do better. 

What top tip, relevant to your service area, do you have for couples tying the knot? 
Top tip is easy…. You are going to spend a lot of time with your photographer or videographer on your day and you MUST meet them before booking them to make sure there is some common link. Just because they produce fantastic work is not enough, if you don’t click, when he clicks, it will show!

What one supplier would you recommend and where can we find them? 
There is a new photographer on the block who has only been going a short while and I think her work is amazing: Sassy Lafford of www.assassynation.co.uk 
Her style is great, she is a very nice person and her customer’s and some of the big blogger’s out there love her too. We have set up a partnership ... but that’s for another day.


Until next time ... 





No comments:

Post a Comment