Monday 27 June 2011

Wedding Ideas & Inspiration ... The Colour Purple

Welcome to the first in a series of monthly blog posts! I will be blogging as a guest from time to time about all things pretty wedding! I love comments and feedback of all kinds so please feel free to drop me something to read below…


Here at Wedding Sparrow HQ, details maketh the wedding in our opinion. After you have spent the majority of your budget and time agreeing on the larger purchases and bookings such as venue, dress and photographer, the smaller details come along to tie it all together.

Sure, it sounds easy, but personally I find this area the toughest part to pull together cohesively and well. Of course, I have no experience in styling or indeed wedding planning so all I have to go on is my ‘I know what I like and I know what I don’t like’ opinion. Here is something that belongs in the ‘I know what I like and this is it’ pile…



   



Coupled with the purple and cotton accents, I think this styled display looks natural and modern without appearing over-styled and fussy. More importantly, it’s achievable. This is the most important aspect of looking at other inspirational wedding styling. To take resourcefulness and creativity from another example requires DIY and time for sourcing. Your starting point (eg colour theme) may change slightly or go from one extreme to another over the course of planning but being flexible is key.


I can’t tell you how many pantones have been and gone since we started planning our wedding and I’m sure there will be a few more in the pipeline before the year is out. Note to self – don’t stress about the small things… Yeah right…


Much love.
Wedding Sparrow

{info}
Photographer: Justin DeMutiis Photography | Floral Design, Decor, and Styling: MMD Events | Rentals: Signature Event Rentals | Cakes: Cakes With A Kick | Table Number and Chair Signs: Every Last Detail | Paper Products: Meant To Be Sent | Linens: Connie Duglin Linens

No comments:

Post a Comment