Monday 6 February 2012

A Guy's Perspective ... The Countdown Has Begun

Mood board created at Style Me Pretty
Starting off Groom's month, Oli (a very nearly husband) is keeping a blog diary on getting married from a guy's perspective. Oli and his gorgeous bride, Kati, are very dear friends of mine and their journey has been a very emotional one for both. This is truly a love story made in heaven. 

But I'm going to let Oli tell you the story ...



THE 'REAL' COUNTDOWN BEGINS 

So 2012 has finally rolled around. Way, way back in September of 2010, when I hit bended knee to ask my beautiful future-wife if I may have her hand, the summer of 2012 seemed, well, years away. 

Now it's this year. 

15 months into our earnest planning, we're now just five months away from our big day. And what a big day it will be: 150 guests in the church and for the wedding breakfast, with another 100 joining us in the evening. 

Until the turn of the year, it really didn't seem like the wedding was bearing down on us. We weren't facing crazy timetables or rushes to get things completed. All of a sudden we're just 20 weeks away and we've got to get our invitations out, I need to book cars and my Best Man and I have to go on a hunt for the perfect suits for ourselves and the rest of the Groom's party. 

Over the next five months, in regular instalments, I will be endeavouring to keep you up-to-date with our progress as we edge ever-closer to the day itself; last-minute crises, big decisions, nerves, joy and celebrations all included. Along with, no doubt, a touch of editorialising by the Cerendipity team telling me how I could have avoided all of these stresses and strains if I'd only listened to them earlier (and, hopefully, some helpful tips and comments from them and you, dear readers). 

So, look out in the coming weeks for my updates and stories of a Groom's life in the countdown to the biggest celebration we'll likely ever host. It's going to be… emotional.

So very true ... definitely an emotional one and I cannot wait for their wedding in June. First wedding in a long time that I will be attending as a guest!

Until next time ...






No comments:

Post a Comment