It's been a little while (too long actually!) since I last posted.
Very naughty of me!
Today I have a collection of TOP TIPS from 3 wedding stationer suppliers who were happy to share theirs with me (and you of course!)
|Box Clever Wedding|
First up is Rosy Silverson from Box Clever Wedding - bespoke & DIY wedding favours, Stationery & Candy Buffet Hire, who says ...
- Buy your favour sweet fillings in the sales but make sure they have a sell by date thats longer than your wedding date!
- Make up your own favour boxes thus cutting out the labour costs of your supplier, Box Clever Wedding can makeup DIY kits in your chosen theme/colours.
- Combine your favours with name tags that way you cut your costs on place names.
Box Clever Wedding
1. Book your stationer as soon as possible – around nine months prior to your wedding or longer if possible. This gives plenty of time for a design to be agreed and your order made up ready to send to guests six to eight weeks ahead.
2. Include the R.S.V.P. deadline date – make this around a week to 10 days prior to the deadline of the venue/caterer so that you have time to chase stragglers! If you don’t include the deadline date then people may forget to reply in time. Including a stamped and addressed R.S.V.P. card is a very simple way of helping your guests so that all they have to do is to fill in the back of the card and pop it into the post box.
3. Check your proof carefully before signing it off! Mistakes noticed after your invitations have been made up will not only cost you to have corrected but may also affect your timescales!
|Knots and Kisses|
Last but by no means least, Knots and Kisses Nikki Ward's advice is:
- You don't need to send every guest an invitation! It's amazing how many couples waste money by over ordering on stationery! Write your guest list again by household so you can send just one invitation to the entire house or family.
- If you are having trouble picking a theme or look for your wedding spend time finding a range of stationery you really love and build from there. Often stationers can help you by advising on the styles of decor etc which ideally match that invitation.
- If you love handmade stationery like ours remember it is handmade! Make sure you allow extra time for your stationery to be made. Printed invitations can be rushed out to you within a couple of weeks but handmade stationery will take longer so plan ahead!
Knots and Kisses
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 07976625201
Have you got tips you want to share? Send me yours!
Until next time ...