Monday 25 April 2011

A Day in the Life of the Social Sirens Charity Calendar ...

Helen

At the beginning of March I had the pleasure of being part of a group of very giggly and very nervous girls who took part in a day of shooting for a charity calendar to support two brilliant charities who raise funds and awareness for the Armed Forces and Emergency Services personnel who are injured in the line of duty: 
and 

Much to my surprise it was a brilliant day despite the freezing temps! 

It all started back in 2010 when a Twitter conversation about how to make money evolved into an idea from the story of the Calendar Girls (yes, the movie!). And so ... Social Sirens was formed, headed by the lovely Gina of By Gina Events and Jo of Sprae PR.

As a wedding planner, there was not much I could offer apart from modeling but offered I did. To be honest not sure why I did as I am the most camera-shy person ever! Little did I know thought what we were modelling in! Boy did I panic when, two weeks before the event, did I actually cop on!


Vicky and Laura
So ... March the 2nd dawned and I nervously made my way to an East Midland's gem: Langley Priory. A beautiful Grade II listed manor house, perfect for intimate weddings. It was freezing but Tim was completely prepared and we were welcomed with a roaring fire and warm drinks. One by one we arrived and were soon on our way to being made beautiful by the lovely ladies of The Old Chapel Salon & Spa who did both hair and make-up, before being photographed by Chris Lynn. The ladies did such a fabulous job with our hair and make-up and Chris was an awesome photographer to work with! He definitely knew what he was doing!

Dressed to impress, Vicky, Helen, Kerri, Laura and me were then led all around this beautiful mansion to pose for the calendar. We even had to strip off our dressing gowns for some shots out in the cold! We were five models to start but as a few of us had to leave at different times we had little time to get the good poses in! 

It was a truly fab day for two great causes and I am so glad I took part! 
If you want to donate you can find all the info you need on www.tweetgirls.co.uk. Please help if you can! 

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment